We are a fast growing management consulting firm serving exclusively the insurance industry.
Location: Central London (EC2) with travel
Start date: Immediate
About Oxbow Partners
We are a fast growing management consulting firm serving exclusively the insurance industry. We advise on strategy, operations and digital transformation.
The firm was set up in 2015 by a group of people who were frustrated with the traditional consulting model. We wanted to build an entrepreneurial, non-political and non-hierarchical firm that would have greater impact with our clients.
We are proud that our first project was to build a new division for Munich Re, now called Digital Partners. Many of the leading European insurers and reinsurers are clients, as well as ‘challengers’.
We have developed proprietary methodology to execute projects. We call it Agile Strategy™ and believe it delivers outcomes faster and at lower risk than traditional methodologies for our clients.
We are recognised as industry thought leaders. We publish an annual report called the InsurTech Impact 25 and write extensively on our popular blog. We regularly provide comment for the press (including Radio 4 and the FT) and speak at investment banking conferences.
Our values and culture
Our values guide everything we do and the way we behave at Oxbow Partners:
- Strive to be the best, but humble enough to recognise there’s always much to learn
- Be hard on facts, even when it means giving tough messages… …but soft on people
- Imperfect impact trumps perfect analysis
- Build the brand, and the business will build itself
We work hard but work-life balance is important to us.
We are obsessed with empowering our staff. All employees are strongly encouraged to network extensively in the market and to pitch opportunities for the business that they can then lead. We invest heavily in our employees’ careers.
The consultant should expect to spend 80%-100% of their time on project delivery with any spare time being spent on business development.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis as part of a broader client team
- Product quality first drafts of output documents
- Lead day-to-day communications with junior clients
- Write articles and papers for use in marketing
- Build client relationships
- Support with marketing activities
- At least 2:1 from a top university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to quickly understand and learn complex industries and analysis techniques
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Insurance industry knowledge is helpful but not essential
- Prior consulting experience is highly beneficial but not essential
- Business fluency in a foreign language is a strong bonus
The insurance industry
- Everyone needs insurance, but nobody cares about it. This poses interesting challenges around distribution and product development. With the explosion of digital in our lives, insurers are innovating like never before.
- Insurance is hugely complicated. Insurers are selling protection against a possible future adverse event, so they don’t know what the cost of the product is until after they’ve sold it – sometimes many years after they sold it. They must be outstanding in their use of data.
- Insurance is extremely diverse. At one end of the spectrum there is insurance for offshore oil rigs; at the other end there is motor insurance or personal life insurance. Insurers now need to work out how to provide cover against emerging trends like autonomous vehicles or 3D printing. We work across all of these topics.