Update to Oxbow Partners’ Health & Safety Regulations
April 1, 2021
We have been advised by our lawyers that the Health & Safety Regulations have been updated with effect from today to reflect the fact that a large proportion of the workforce is working from home.
It is important that anyone taking part in a video call with any Oxbow Partners employee has confirmed that their home office set-up complies with the updated Regulations.
The key provision is that any location from which you participate in a video call with Oxbow Partners must have the same health & safety signage as an office. To make compliance easier we are happy to provide some signage that you can display in your home.
1. Please ensure that your lavatory contains a reminder to yourself to wash your hands before returning to work.
2. In line with the Oxbow Partners confidentiality provisions, please ensure that there is a sign on your study door reminding your family that only authorised personnel (i.e. you) may enter. For younger members of the family where there is a risk of unpreventable entry to your workspace, you may wish to consider putting in place NDAs (signature, or handprint acceptable).
3. Even if your home does not contain a lift, you are required to display signage that lifts should not be used in case of fire. (We understand that this is an oversight on the part of the drafting team, which did not consider that lifts are not present in most residential homes.)
4. If your business is facing challenges or you have difficult meetings coming up, please remind yourself to act with caution by displaying this sign near your desk, but off camera.
5. Following the emergence of Time Disorientation Syndrome as a consequence of sustained lockdown in many countries, please display the date on your study wall so it is clearly visible from your seat.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation in advance.
The Oxbow Partners Team