What does Oxbow Partners do?
November 30, 2021
“Oxbow Partners? I know you guys – you’re that InsurTech consulting firm, aren’t you?”
We are always both flattered and slightly disappointed when we hear this. Flattered because it is testament to the quality of our content and marketing team over the last six years that so many people know Oxbow Partners; disappointed because InsurTech has, for some time, been only a small part of what we do.
For the first of the 12 days of Oxbow Partners Christmas, here are twelve projects that we executed in 2021. For the accompanying sound-track (or for those who are confused by its structure), click this link.
- On the first day of Christmas, we helped a health insurer find strategic opportunities to grow their revenue
- On the second day of Christmas, we helped a Lloyd’s managing agent understand the market opportunity for a follow-only syndicate, set out strategic options, and create a practical and detailed plan
- On the third day of Christmas, we supported the new CEO of a European direct insurer refresh his strategy and achieve board approval
- On the fourth day of Christmas, we helped a leading UK broker understand the implications of possible future regulation on their business and develop an action plan
On the fifth day of Christmas…five gold rings!
- On the sixth day of Christmas, we helped a number of reinsurers reconfigure their operating models covering everything from technology to accounting
- On the seventh day of Christmas, we supported a post merger integration and transformation programme of a leading personal lines insurer
- On the eighth day of Christmas, we developed a five-year technology strategy and roadmap for a UK personal lines insurer
- On the ninth day of Christmas, we developed a technology strategy and architecture for an insurance startup
- On the tenth day of Christmas, we developed a digital distribution operating model for a Lloyd’s managing agent
- On the eleventh day of Christmas, we supported ECI with their reinvestment in Avantia, a trail-blazing digital MGA
- On the twelfth day of Christmas, we supported a leading trade investor with the technology due diligence of a new processing platform
Our 2021 clients have included global reinsurers, Lloyd’s Managing Agents, a run-off specialist, UK&I personal lines insurers, brokers and investors. We would like to thank them all for trusting us with their opportunities and challenges in a crowded consulting market.
In 2022 we expect ESG to become a significant part of our portfolio given the activity around the market. We also expect innovation and InsurTech to move back up the agenda as companies come under increased pressure to develop a coherent strategy and execution model – something that few have so far succeeded in doing.
If you would like to talk to us about your 2022 strategic priorities, please get in touch.